The new advice issued by the Chief Medical Officer is as follows:
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
· a high temperature
· a new continuous cough
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
· you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
· your condition gets worse
· your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Stay At Home advice can be found here.
· Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
· Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
More information can be found on the NHS website here.
Please find below Public Health posters for your workplace.